API Spec 600 is for Bolted Bonnet Steel Gate Valves for the Petroleum and Natural Gas Industries. API 600 addresses the design, materials, testing, inspection and examination of valves. API Spec 600 is an International standard that specifies the requirements for heavy-duty bolted bonnet steel gate valves for petroleum refinery and related applications where corrosion, erosion and other service conditions would indicate a need for full port openings, heavy wall sections and large stem diameters.
Flow and Control Engineering offers several valves that are designed and tested in accordance with the API 600 Spec:
Walworth Cast Steel Gate Valves – 2″ to 72″, 150#-2500#, RF, RTJ or BW. WALWORTH always keeps these valves in stock in the most common trims used in the industries. This product line is manufactured as per API-600 design requirements for gate valves.
|TYPE||SIZE||PRESSURE CLASS AS PER ASME B16.34||ENDS||Figure Numbers|
|Gate||2” to 72”||150, 300, 600, 900, 1500 & 2500 #||RF, RTJ or BW||5202, 5206, 5232, 5247, 5262|
The Walworth cast steel gate valve is used when the need exists for a device that allows an interruption or cut off the flow of a fluid.
- Gate valves designed in accordance with API-600, solid or parallel slide wedge/disc.
- Gate valves option in accordance with API-603 only for stainless steel & nickel alloys.
- Standard manufacturing wedge from 2” to 4” solid wedge design; 5” and up flexible wedge.
- Gate and Globe valves for Cryogenic service with gas column in accordance with BS-6364 upon request.
- Flange dimensions in accordance with ASME B16.5 for valves up to 24” nominal diameter.
- Hand-wheel, impact Hand-wheel, Chain-wheel, Gear operation, Electric, Pneumatic or Hydraulic Actuation as per Customer requirements.
- By-Pass, Lantern rings, grease injectors, special connections, etc. Low fugitive emissions control.
The American Petroleum Institute – API – represents more than 400 members involved in the oil and natural gas industry. Please visit http://www.api.org/publications-standards-and-statistics to search for and order API Standards Documents.