Enerquip’s Sanitary Grade shell and tube heat exchangers offer superior performance in every application. The Food, Dairy, Beverage, Pharmaceutical, Biotech and Industrial markets use the Enerquip line of heat exchangers nationally and internationally.
Enerquip has the capabilities of:
- Custom Fabrication
- Filter Housings
- Membrane Housings
- OEM Fabrications – pre fabricated pipe, duct work sections and custom pressure vessels
Enerquip offers a wide range of sanitary heat exchangers that are custom fit to every application. Industries served include Food, Dairy, Beverage, Pharmaceutical and Biotech markets. Our specialized equipment, highly skilled workforce, and over 35 years of experience enable us to provide the best quality heat exchangers in the marketplace.
The following features define our scope of work through design, fabrication, and inspection processes:
- Exterior of all heat exchangers polished to a 40 RA finish.
- Product contact surfaces polished to 32 RA finish.
- Fully drainable and are easily adaptable in a CIP mode.
- Channel head is milled out a single billet of stainless steel, ASME approved sanitary ferrules are welded and the whole assembly is polished to meet sanitary requirements.
- When required, tubes are seal-welded to tubesheet using automatic orbital TIG welding.
- Insulation is done with loose-fill vermiculite and covered with Stainless Pipe.
ASME Code “U” Stamp and National Board registration
Hydro Static Pressure Testing
Dye Penetrant Testing
Optional Processes Available
- Fiber optic borescope examination and videotaping of product contact surfaces
- Profilometer readings of surface finish ensuring compliance with customer requirements
- Computer Simulation of heat exchanger performance data
- Vibration and resonance analysis
- Radiographic (X-Ray) examination
- Accompanying each pharmaceutical grade heat exchanger is a comprehensive documentation package to facilitate equipment validation
- Electro polish finish
Enerquip’s Industrial heat exchangers are used by chemical, nuclear, biofuels, petroleum refining, paper & pulp, and water plants throughout North America. Enerquip’s shell and tube designs are manufactured according to TEMA guidelines with straight tubes, or U-tubes in sizes ranging from 2″ to 48″ in diameter. Each heat exchanger may be built according to the requirements of the following TEMA classes:
- Class B: chemical process
- Class C: general process
- Class R: petroleum process
The industrial exchangers are unpolished and use threaded connections, making them the most economical choice for heating industrial fluids using steam or recycled product as the heating media. Although Enerquip can design ASME heat exchangers for operating pressures as high as 3,000 psig, our standard heat exchangers are usually designed for 150 psig at 375° F. Heat exchangers can also be built that meet 3-A, PED, and PBE codes. A CRN (Canadian Registration Number) can be obtained for any of the Canadian provinces.
Enerquip fabricates heat exchanges from a wide range of materials. Most designs are produced using of stainless steel (E.g. 304L or 316L). Other optional designs include duplex stainless steels, corrosion resistant alloys (Hastelloy, AL-6XN), titanium, copper-nickel alloys, and brass.
With each heat exchanger, Enerquip offers the following options:
- Insulation (non-asbestos and chloride free)
- Horizontal or vertical mounting supports
- Full drainability
- Vacuum breakers
- NPT threaded connections
- Davit arms (used with heavy water box designs)
- Flanged connections
Typical Industrial Processes Using Enerquip Exchangers
- Unique process applications requiring heat exchange in petroleum refining, chemicals, petrochemicals (e.g. alkylation, crude units overheads, chemical synthesis, polymerization, etc.)
- Process control loops
- Water heating and cooling including boiler feed water and zero discharge applications